A second Foresight4Food workshop will be held in Montpellier, in May 2018. This is a is a follow-up to the successful first Foresight4Food workshop held in Oxford in April 2017. This year’s the event is being hosted by the Montpellier University of Excellece (MUSE) with support from ACIAR, GFAR, CIRAD and the University of Oxford.
This follow-up event will develop a clear strategy for how food systems foresight could better meet the needs of policy, business, and civil society at different scales. It will also examine key dimensions of food systems change and different approaches to foresight. Outcomes from the workshop will include an action plan, governance arrangements and a resource mobilisation strategy for taking forward the Foresight4Food initiative.
The workshop will be a three day event focusing on the follow-up actions identified in the first workshop (click here for outputs emerging from the initial workshop), and themes such as:
- Emerging systemic risks and transformational opportunities in food systems
- Tracking changes in key dimensions and trends within food systems
- Understanding the different foresight and scenario approaches
- Identifying differing foresight needs for policy, business, civil society, and international collaboration
- Partnerships, governance, funding, and actions needed for furthering the initiative
While the event is invitation-only, please do get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like attend, or suggest potential participants.
Draft Programme for the day is as follows: